Canal and River Trust
One of my first jobs at Torchbox was to work on the front end development of a rebrand and redesign project for the Canal and River trust (CRT).
Client: Canal and river trust
Role: Front end, Developer liaison
The Canal & River Trust is a charitable trust that was set up to look after the waterways of England and Wales. They required a site design and front end build job that would then be passed to their in-house backend development team, to complete the build.
Key tasks carried out:
- Production of pages following the designs produced, using LESS CSS and HTML5
- Liaison with the developers working at CRT to ensure we were producing code they could understand and reuse
- Working closely with the designer to ensure key page designs would work on mobile
- Production of a fuzzy felt bootstrap that the developers at CRT could use to copy designed front end components
- Later work on the mobile optimised version of the site